Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the ICIQ group.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and/or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful basis:
Lawful basis: Consent
Where our purpose for processing is: To monitor use of the ICIQ modules
Which is necessary because: ICIQ modules are copyrighted instruments and users are not entitled to unrestricted use.
We process your information in the following ways: Contact information necessary for the user agreement policy or license is collected by the website.
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because the organisation is a not-for-profit and:
- only processes information necessary to establish or maintain membership or support
- only processes information necessary to provide or administer activities for people who are members of the organisation or have regular contact with it
- only holds information about individuals whose data is needed to process for this exempt purpose
- the personal data you process is restricted to personal information that is necessary for this exempt purpose
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Please, do not hesitate to contact the ICIQ group if you have any question in relation to your privacy by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by post to ICIQ group, Bristol Urological Institute, Southmead Hospital, BS10 5NB.